Resource page · continuously updated
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding: A centralized information page that includes links to a variety of guidance, information, resources, FAQs and NIH funding opportunities relating to COVID-19, from the NIH Central Resource for Grants and Funding Information. Topics include:
- Proposal submission and award management (3 documents linked)
- Human subjects and clinical trials (2 documents linked)
- Animal welfare (2 documents linked)
- Peer review (1 document linked)
- Funding opportunities specific to COVID-19
- Links to additional resources (websites for NIH, CEC, WHO and “General information on NIH extramural response to natural disasters and other emergencies”)
FAQs · continuously updated
COVID-19 Flexibilities for Applicants and Recipients: The NIH and its individual Institutes/Centers offer frequently asked questions (and answers) in response to inquiries on policies and programs affecting the grants process. Check the page for future updates. Topics include:
- Application submission
- Delays in research progress
- Financial and performance reporting
- Animal welfare
- Training, fellowship and career development awards
- Human subjects
Message · 3/31/2020
NCATS Director’s Corner: Practicing Physical Distancing and Bringing Our Science to Combat COVID-19: A message from NCATS Director Dr. Christopher Austin highlighting the changes being made at NCATS due to COVID-19, both in terms of internal NCATS operations and impacts on researchers.
Message · 3/26/2020
Open Mike: Responding to Frequent Questions on Flexibilities Related to NIH Funding and COVID-19: A message from Dr. Michal Lauer, NIH’s Deputy Director for Extramural Research, addressing challenges in the research community due to COVID-19.
Notice · 3/26/2020
NIH Late Application Policy Due to Public Health Emergency fo United State for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19): Notice NOT-OD-20-091announcing that grant applications submitted late for due dates between March 9, 2020, and May 1, 2020, will be accepted through May 1, 2020.
Video · 3/26/2020
Update on COVID-19 Flexibilities for the Research Community: Message from Mike Lauer, NIH Deputy Director for Extramural Research, who provides updates for the research community on flexibilities NIH is providing the community due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.